Connecting Faith @ Home
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
-Deuteronomy 6:4-9 (NASB)
Today Brian Haynes taught on why we should be involved in a church that champions Faith at Home. He taught us that we should love God first, love his word, love his commands and impress them on our children. God wants to be front and center of our lives. The home is the most real place where our children are going to learn and see God through the lives of their parents.
3 Reasons Valley View Should Be A Church That Champions Faith @ Home.
- Gospel partnership between the faith community and the family is God’s Design.
- Home is the most IMPACTFUL relational environment in any person’s life.
- So the whole world will know the One True God in every generation.
- Discuss how your home can be more intentional about inviting Christ in.
- Discuss the challenges that your home will face in making Christ the center of your home.
- What can you do this week to be more intentional about investing in the spiritual lives of those in your home? Discuss as a family the plan.
Pray with those in your home. Thank Him for a church that wants to equip families to pass on their faith to the next generation. Ask God for help in living and obeying his word.